Listen to “The Midday Report” from Friday November 1st
TOTTENHAM have reportedly joined Chelsea in the race for Barcelona flop Philippe Coutinho.Sport claims Jose Mourinho wants to bring the ex-Liverpool star to North London after a shaky start to his tenure.1 Spurs have joined Chelsea in the race for Philippe CoutinhoCredit: Getty Images – GettyCoutinho is currently on loan at Bayern Munich and will return to Barca this summer.However, the Spaniards want to re-sign Neymar from Paris Saint-Germain and are ready to ship Coutinho back to the Premier League.Chelsea are understood to be very keen on the Brazilian playmaker.Current No10 Willian looks set to depart on a free transfer when his contract expires.CHELSEA NEWS LIVE: Follow for the latest Blues newsAnd Chelsea are hoping to land Coutinho on loan with the option of a permanent deal in 2021.However, Frank Lampard must now contend with ex-boss Mourinho to bring Coutinho to the capital.It’s said Spurs have made their interest clear, but Chelsea are in pole position after already opening talks with Barcelona.It’s also believed the Blues are ready to agree a compulsory £55million fee in the deal, something which Spurs are reluctant to do.Latest Chelsea newsLive Blogblues newsChelsea news LIVE – Latest updates from Stamford BridgeGossipGOING DUTCHChelsea ‘to grab Mbuyamba on free deal’ with defender set to leave BarcelonaCOURT ORDERKante ‘ordered to appear in court’ in £3.4m legal battle with former agentBRIDGE OF SIGHSChelsea stars ‘bored’ and Hazard suffered under Sarri, says ex-No2 ZolaGossipBERN IT UPMan Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea on alert after Bernardeschi reveals Prem plansLive BlogBLUES NEWSChelsea news LIVE: Latest updates and transfer gossip from Stamford BridgeBut either way, it now seems inevitable that Coutinho will end up back in the Premier League next season.His agent Kia Joorabchian said: “It is something that he always enjoyed playing in and loved playing, and would probably love to come back and play in.“The question is what are going to be the financial conditions of all the clubs, including Barcelona and the Premier League clubs at the end of this (coronavirus) pandemic?”How Chelsea could line up with Coutinho and Dembele joining Ziyech if Lampard lands summer
The third time lucky… If the saying is good this summer, Pogba should end up in Madrid. Once it is almost a fact that Zidane will continue to lead Madrid next season, As AS revealed a few dates ago, it is also evident that the white entity will look for the crack that opens to sign the player for whom the coach has longed for all this time. And, with the precautions that must be taken in the face of the market due to the uncertainty of the crisis, Past events say that there is a real possibility that the operation will be done. Mino Raiola’s relationship with Real Madrid is at its best and Pogba is more receptive than ever to changing the scene. If the third one goes past due, here is the x-ray of each of them two past attempts and the next one: The summer of 2019Last summer there was another attempt by Real Madrid to please Zidane’s wish. But the negotiations were affected by that bad relationship that remained between Florentino and Raiola in the summer of 2016. The figures did not end up matching either and Real Madrid had already spent a lot of money on youngsters like Vinicius and Rodrygo, 45 and 40 million respectively and, above all, in Hazard (100 million, the galactic cornerstone around which to do a new project after a season without titles. And that Pogba did much of his part when, just after the end of the season, he threw it away with some statements: “It is time to start a new challenge,” he said without hesitation.Summer 2020It must be the one that makes good the saying of “to the third goes the defeated”. The situation is unbeatable to try to sign the French, even more so now that a change in the style of play that Zidane wants is confirmed, more back and forth, now that Modric is already at the end of his career. Pogba ends his contract in 2021, so United is obliged to renew or sell it to get some profitability. The Frenchman has signed, that is, a clause according to which Uniter can extend his contract one year more unilaterally, but that if it were to take effect it could only provoke the discontent of the player and that he leave a year later. Raiola’s relationship with Solskjaer is at its worst and Pogba determined to leave if there is a knock on his door. A few months ago he met Zidane in Dubai and they were able to talk … If the coronavirus crisis allows it, Pogba, devalued by that crisis and because injuries have only allowed him to play eight games this season, looks like he will finish at Real Madrid. Summer 2016.Real Madrid was negotiating with Juventus of Turin and with Raiola the incorporation of the player, that he was the man around whom Zidane wanted to build his first project that started from scratch at the head of Madrid. At that time, although the player’s desire was to wear the Madrid shirt, his high financial claims and those of his agent ruined the operation. The figures agreed by United were later known from the Football Leaks papers released by Dier Spiegel: United paid Juve 105 million and Raiola 40 million. It wasn’t strictly a commission, his percentage was signed by contract when he took him free from United to Juve in the summer of 2012.
The court case regarding the non-consultations of unions over the severance and redeployment of workers attached to Wales Sugar Estate is slated to be heard in Chambers of the High Court today.At the previous hearing on May 25 the matter was rescheduled after attorneys for Guyana Sugar Corporation (GuySuCo) were a no-show at the proceedings.The matter, being heard by Justice Roxanne George, is scheduled to hear arguments from plaintiffs, the Guyana Agricultural and General Workers Union (GAWU) and the National Association of Agricultural, Commercial and Industrial Employees (NAACIE) as well as defending statements from GuySuCo.These hearings follow an interim injunction that was granted on May 6 in favour of the unions, which had barred the Guyana Sugar Corporation and/or their servants/agents, from proceeding to implement the decision to sever the employment of workers from the Wales Estate, unless consultations with the workers were held.Using the injunction as its justification, GuySuCo said it was unable to pay the 105 Wales sugar workers their severance packages evenThe curtains will come down at Wales by yearendthough these workers on March 22 received letters that stated they would have been paid on May 4.GAWU has however rejected the sugar corporation’s stance, noting that the agreement between the workers and GuySuCo was reached before the May 6 injunction was granted.GAWU President Komal Chand had expressed that while the matter is being sorted out at court, GuySuCo should give the 105 workers employment as they have been jobless over a month.Guyana Times has learnt that the sugar corporation has given six of these workers employment, suggesting that 99 workers remain jobless.Meanwhile, a vigil to show solidarity against the closure of Wales Estate is planned for next week.The court action was brought after GuySuCo began discussions with individual employees of Wales estate to negotiate severance packages, without informing or involving the unions.At one point, workers were given a 3-day ultimatum to make their decisions but GuySuCo backtracked after the media was made aware of the corporation’s side plan.Unions GAWU and NAACIE are seeking damages in excess of $1 million for breach of statutory duty owing under the Termination of Employment and Severance Pay Act, Cap. 99:08, Laws of Guyana.The judges had granted an interim injunction, restraining GuySuCo from proceeding to implement their decision to sever the employees until the hearing and determination of a Summons returnable in Chambers.One legal expert told this newspaper that if it is agreed that severance is the best option then negotiations on the severance package, inclusive of its calculations, will commence and this must be done between GuySuCo and the two unions.
A 45-foot Hanuman murti is under construction in Leguan, Region 3 (Essequibo Islands-West Demerara) at the Rama Krishna Mandir.The Hindu deity statue is billed to be one of the biggest in Guyana.The almost completed landmarkThe statue is being voluntarily built by sculpture Jainarine Prahalla owner of JP Sculpting with voluntary donations from the general public.The statue is to be completed in August this year with a grand four-day celebration being held to commemorate the opening.
“We’re excited to have our award winning service, great fares and more seats available to guests travelling between Vancouver and Dawson Creek,” President of Hawkair, Jay Dilley said. “Transportation is crucial to supporting economic development and our team is looking forward to helping grow air transportation into Dawson Creek.”Dawson Creek is Hawkair’s fourth non-stop destination from Vancouver International Airport.“We are positively delighted to welcome Hawkair to Dawson Creek and to begin a new partnership with a respectable company adding to its northern service,” Mayor Dale Bubstead said. “With its reputation and commitment to superior service, this announcement continues to offer residents and visitors of the South Peace a convenient and comfortable way to catch a game, a connecting flight or just get away to the city.”- Advertisement -Bumstead adds, “We are extremely pleased to assist our Vancouver investors and visitors with Hawkair’s non-stop reliable service, so that they too can experience all the hospitality the north has to offer.”Below are the details of Hawkair’s new service:“To celebrate we’re offering introductory one-way fares that begin at $129.00 all taxes and fees included,” Director of Corporate Services, Jocelyn Lebell said. “We look forward to welcoming even more Dawson Creek guests on board with this limited time offer, and providing them with the same great Hawkair experience that we are known for.”Advertisement
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m.Prosecutor Pat Dixon said sarcastically: “So he’ll be known as Mr. X?” Plourd interjected: “Or Ms. X.” “If the individual gets in the case, we’ll know who it is,” Fidler said. “I want Mr. Spector to be comfortable with this attorney,” he said, granting a delay until Nov. 6 for an appearance by a new lawyer. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Phil Spector has narrowed his search for a new lead lawyer to an unidentified California attorney who has not yet completed negotiations with the record producer to represent him at his second murder trial, Spector’s remaining lawyer told the trial judge Monday. With Spector in court, Superior Court Judge Larry Paul Fidler read two written reports submitted by attorney Christopher Plourd and said the documents would remain sealed because they detail Spector’s financial negotiations with a number of lawyers after his first trial ended with a jury deadlocked last month. Spector, 67, is accused of murdering actress Lana Clarkson, 40, on Feb. 3, 2003, at his Alhambra mansion. Fidler said one document was a declaration from “proposed counsel who hasn’t been retained yet.” He asked if there was any objection to revealing the person’s name, and Spector indicated there was.
Glenties Community Action Group will be holding registration for inclusion in the new Glenties/Fintown Text Alert System next Monday March 31st and Tuesday April 1st at Inniskeel Co Op in Glenties and The Railway Inn, Fintown.Forms will be available for willing participants to fill out at both locations or if you have a form already filled out it can be dropped into either location with your €5 registration fee.Registration will be accepted during the opening hours of both premises. This scheme has been devised as a way of creating a feeling of safety and security in the Glenties/Fintown area and considerable work and preparation has gone into the schemes creation.The group already has a sizeable response to the scheme and we encourage as many people as possible to sign up to the Text Alert system and be part of making our community a safer place.REGISTRATION NIGHT TO STEP UP GLENTIES TEXT ALERT SCHEME was last modified: March 29th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalGlentiesregistration nighttext alert
ELECTION 2014 LIVE BLOGLarge variance in turn-out.One box from Ramelton showing turn-out of 81 per cent; one of the biggest in the country. Ballyraine in Letterkenny looking more like 53 per cent. LIVE DONEGAL ELECTION BLOG was last modified: May 24th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:donegalElections 2014:
Donegal death notices for today, Wednesday, February 7. Rose O’DONNELLThe death has taken place at Brindley Manor Nursing Home, Convoy of Miss Rose O’Donnell, formerly of Letterkenny Road, Convoy. Funeral Mass today, Wednesday 7th February, at 10am at St. Mary’s Church, Convoy with burial afterwards in the family plot in Drumkeen Cemetery. James (Dano) QUIRKEThe death has occurred of James (Dano) Quirke, (Ex army.Sgt.”B”Coy 28th Inf Bn.) passed away at Rock Hill House, Letterkenny. Late of Terramount, Rathcormac. Sadly missed and lovingly remembered by his brother Garry, sister-in-law Breda, nephews, nieces, cousins, extended family and friends.Reposing at Ronayne’s Funeral Home, Fermoy, Thursday from 5pm. Prayers at 6.45.pm followed by removal to the Church of the Immaculate Conception, Rathcormac. Requiem Mass Friday at 2pm. Funeral afterwards to the local cemetery. Liam REILLYThe death has occurred of Liam Reilly, Chapel Road, Dungloe, Donegal, at Letterkenny University Hospital.Funeral Mass today, Wednesday, 7th February, in St. Crona’s Church, Dungloe, at 1pm followed by burial in the adjoining cemetery. Sheila WARDThe death has occurred of Sheila Ward, Caravan Road, Dungloe, Donegal.Funeral Mass today, Wednesday morning, 7th February, at 11am in St. Crona’s Church, Dungloe, followed by burial in the adjoining cemetery. Family flowers only. Donations in lieu, if desired, to the Dungloe Patients Comfort Fund.Donegal Death Notices – Rest in Peace was last modified: February 7th, 2018 by Staff WriterShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:obituaries